The yellow gescheckte angel-catfish comes from the waters of Brazil. With its conspicuous spots it is an extraordinary eye-catcher in the private aquarium.
What distinguishes Angel Loricariid Catfish L 028?
The appearance of Angel Loricariid Catfish L 028
Angel catfish have a conical body. Their head is relatively broad, towards the caudal fin the width decreases steadily. On the brown body the yellow dots catch the eye. A full-grown Angel Sucker Catfish can grow up to 12 centimetres. The young animals are between four and five centimetres long. In addition, the catfish have spines on the pectoral fins and gills.
- Cone-like body shape, more delicate towards the caudal fins
- Yellow spots on grey-brown ground
- Average length is 4 to 5 centimetres for juvenile fish and between 10 and 12 centimetres for adult catfish
- Spines on the pectoral fins or gills
The sides of an aquarium should measure at least one meter, but they must not be smaller for catfish.
Angel-catfish are characterized by peaceful behavior. Occasionally they even behave shyly. Aggressive behaviour cannot be observed with them. Keeping them in groups or with different fish breeds does not cause any difficulties. If you only want to keep angelfish catfish in your aquarium, a small group of five to seven animals is advisable.
Besides retreat niches the catfish feel most comfortable in a lushly planted tank. Angel catfish are particularly active at night. Places in the aquarium shielded from light imitate the dark time of day. During the day and in the evening hours a sufficient supply of oxygen must be guaranteed.
- Side parts of the aquarium: 1 meter or longer
- Ideal keeping: Small groups of five to seven catfish
- Socially acceptable behaviour, tendency to shyness, no aggressiveness
- Obstacle for societies with other fishes is uncomplicated
- Niches for rest periods, generously planted
- Create shady places in the corners of the aquarium
- Ensure high dose of oxygen
Water values for Angel Suit Catfish L 028
Food and nutrition for Loricariid catfish L 028
Roots in the tank not only look decorative, but also keep the Angel Sucker Catfish healthy: When they ingest small pieces of wood roots, the shavings activate their digestive tract.
The ideal aquarium for Angel Sucker Catfish L 028
The catfish do the cleaning of the windows partly independently by sucking the plant parts from the glass.
If the plants take up a lot of space, this has advantages for the Angel Sucker Catfish. They prefer to stay in a vegetated environment anyway.